The 2024 Scholarship Application is now live!
Fund Your College Dreams: Now Accepting Scholarship Applications
Western New York Federal Credit Union is proud to announce a scholarship opportunity for college-bound students! In partnership with New York Credit Union Association (NYCUA), we are opening applications for high school seniors attending two- or four-year accredited educational institutions as well as vocational or trade schools in 2024. The program is designed to provide funds that would be used toward tuition, room and board, books, and school supplies.
Just last year, NYCUA awarded $26,250 in college scholarships, ranging from $500 to $1,500 to 45 students. At WNYFCU we believe in the boundless potential of our young scholars. This scholarship is more than financial support; it’s a belief in their dreams and an investment in our community’s future. We encourage all eligible students to apply and wish them success in their academic pursuits.
Who Is Eligible?
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be:
- Members of WNYFCU.
- College-bound high school seniors at the time of application.
- Planning to attend a two- or four-year accredited educational institution, vocational, or trade school for the first time in the fall of 2024.
How to Apply
Interested students can embark on this rewarding opportunity by following these steps:
- Get Started: Click here to download the application. If you’re not a member of Western New York, don’t worry! You can request a membership packet as well. A credit union verification code will be needed to verify eligibility, so be sure to contact the credit union directly for this at email@example.com or 716-771-5000 and ask for Debbie.
- Complete the Application: Fill out the application form, write the required essay, and gather the necessary transcripts. Don’t forget to obtain a signature from a parent or guardian.
- Submit Your Application: Upload and submit your completed application along with the supporting materials online here no later than January 5, 2024 or visit: https://connect.nycua.org/award-nomination/?id=a1e38ae2-a351-ee11-a81c-000d3a7b88f1 to submit materials.
Come early spring, applications will be judged against other submissions statewide. The lucky winners will be announced in May.
For additional information or specific queries about this scholarship program, don’t hesitate to contact Western New York Federal Credit Union by calling 716-771-5018 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.